Well, there’s not much new to talk about this week (aside from my top secret mission that’s taking place this evening, but that’s a post for another day), so I thought this would be a good time to provide an update on Jump for Diabetes.
First thing everyone wants to know about is what are we giving away at the raffle?! Well, let me tell you that this year’s prize list is more robust than ever, and I don’t even know where to begin to thank the skydiving community for their generosity. We have more than $15,000 in prizes and discounts to give away. You can find the updated list on our website, or look below.
- 1st Prize: FREE custom main (non-cross braced) or reserve canopy from Performance Designs!
- Taste of Base with Miles Daisher
- x2 – 50% Off Wings Containers
- x2 – 50% Off Cookie G3 Helmet
- FREE Helmet from Bonehead
- 20% Off Vigil
- x2 – 35% Off Vector, plus 15% options from UPT
- x2 – 40% Off Javelin container from SunPath
- Hypoxic Certificates
- Three $100+ Discounts from Ouragan Suits
- x4 – 20% Off Phoenix Fly Discount Certificates
- FREE Freak’n Suits
- FREE Reserve Repack from String Theory Productions
- 35% Off Bev Suit Voucher
- x2 – 30% Off Mirage Systems container
- x2 – 50% Off Deepseed Jumpsuits
- FREE Cypress Maintenance Certificate
- x3 Brian Germain Books
- FREE Phantom X helmet from Square1
- $100 Off SDC Rhythm Tunnel Camp
- $1400 off a complete Aerodyne system
- 2 Go Pro Hero cameras from ChutingStar
- FREE First flight course with iFlock Academy at Skydive Chicago
- 25% Off Vertical Suits
- x2 25% Off Merlin Suits
- FREE Merlin Pants
- $100 Off STF Block Party Tunnel Camp
- 15 Min Tunnel Coaching by Mickey Nuttall ($219 value, use it or lose it).
- Stay Tuned for More!!!!
We are also so incredibly thrilled with how many jumpers have come out of the woodwork to pledge their jumps for the weekend. We have some at both events (Skydive Chicago and Skydive The Farm for those who haven’t been following along) as well as from other states including California, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Florida, the Carolinas and more. This is a great way for anyone to get involved no matter where you live. Email us at JumpForDiabetes@gmail.com if you’re interested in becoming a sponsored jumper and pledging your jumps to the cause that weekend (July 6-8, 2012).
As I’ve mentioned numerous times before, all proceeds of the event go directly to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation to support diabetes research. Yes, we are an incorporated not-for-profit ourselves, but partnering with the JDRF ensures that the funds go directly to research and gives us piece of mind that we’re contributing to the most ground-breaking science in the space.
If you’ll be attending the events, we’re going to have other amazing things going on as well, from local give aways to a bake sale, t-shirt sale, and more! Stay tuned on Facebook for more details.
Of course, if you’re reading this going, “I don’t skydive so I can’t participate???” well, the answer is no, you can! If you head over to our website: http://jumpfordiabetes.org, and click on the donate link across the top navigation, you can submit donations via PayPal. This is a great way to support the cause and feel good about giving back to the diabetes community.
It truly is a disease that touches so many, and every year I am blessed to be connected with so many who are affected on a daily basis. Let’s work together to find a cure, shall we?
Love and Blue Skies!